What is your favorite holiday?

HAHS welcomes new strings teacher

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

Mrs. Godek is HAHS’s new orchestra teacher. She was teaching Orchestra at Wyomissing School District for 26 years and misses her friends and her students.   “I came to HASD to help grow a program that has a lot of great potential.

She went to Lycoming College for her undergraduate work, West Chester University for a Masters of Music in Education, and Messiah University for a Masters of Music in orchestral conducting. She majored in biology for a short time.  love music and being a musician.  I want to share that gift with students, even if they don’t become musicians. In music they have the opportunity to become part of a community where everyone needs to contribute for the group to be successful. “I love music and being a musician.  I want to share that gift with students, even if they don’t become musicians. In music they have the opportunity to become part of a community where everyone needs to contribute for the group to be successful,” shared Mrs. Godek.

Godek states, “I like that everyone is so friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed for the most part.” Godek explains,  “My favorite thing about teaching orchestra is the kids in the music department.” She plays two instruments, a viola and a violin. She has enjoyed all 26 years of teaching and will keep teaching this class. She enjoys meeting new students and is very welcoming towards everyone.

In her freetime she enjoys reading running and baking.