What is your favorite holiday?

FNAF movie review

The Five Nights At Freddy’s series started as a video game where the player would be a security guard and work the night shift at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzaria. The game was a sensation with many people enjoying the game and creating lore. This is why so many were excited when they heard the game was being turned into a supernatural horror movie. It was rated PG-13 and stars Josh Hutcherson, Matthew Lillard, and Vanessa Monroe and came out on October 27, 2023. It was directed by Emma Tammi and produced by Jason Blum and Scott Cawthon.

While watching, the audience can expect an interesting plot line with the movie following the lore(or history/plotline) of the game, but also adapting it and making its own. The main character, Mike, gets fired from his job and goes out looking for a new one. He finds a job working the nightshift at an old rundown pizza place. During the movie, he is faced with many battles. For instance, he has to try and keep custody of his younger sister while also trying to remember who kidnapped his brother when they were just kids through dreams. While the movie does follow some parts of the video game, you do not need any background knowledge to enjoy and understand the movie.

Student Adam Epting and I went with our friend from Schuylkill Valley to the AMC Theatre on Sunday October 29. Adam was very excited, talking about it the entire week prior. He enjoyed the movie very much. “It was exactly what I expected and was predictable in the sense that it followed the lore in every right way.” 

There were not many on screen deaths, but the ones that did appear on screen were disturbing and well thought out. The characters were well played by the actors who really did an amazing job putting their all into their performances, especially the child actors, where some had to play darker characters. Many are already hoping for a sequel.