What is your favorite holiday?

Athletic Spotlight – Sasha Lopez

Many people play sports at Hamburg Area High School. Among those many talented athletes is Sasha Lopez, who has been in the school district her whole life, and has been playing sports ever since she was five years old. Although she originally did cheer, she now plays soccer, basketball, and track. Her favorite sport to play is basketball. “That’s where I met almost everyone, and they have good coaches.” 

Sasha explains her love of sports by saying, “It helps me with my mental health, and I can focus on other things instead of being on my phone all of the time.” She then said, “They make me a better person since I learn to have good sportsmanship and react to different situations differently.” Sports help her as a student in many ways, “In order to play a sport representing the school, I have to keep my grades up.” 

Some of Sasha’s accomplishments include her getting player of the game during a soccer game. Sasha says that she would consider doing sports in her future if it gets to that point.

Student and fellow athlete, Caleb Kramer, shares how he feels about Sasha as an athlete. He said, “I think she’s a very hardworking and determined athlete. She works hard and tries her best. He described how she is as a person, saying, “She’s nice to everyone. She respects her peers and is almost always calm. She listens to her coaches and is a very respectful athlete.” Overall, Sasha Lopez is a very dedicated athlete who loves what she does.