Student Spotlight – Torin Miller

Alicia Gilbert

Torin Miller is a freshman at Hamburg and likes to involve himself with many sports. He is currently playing basketball and tennis for the school he enjoys both. In fall he is going to start playing football. Torin is a very athletic person so it only makes sense that he is always outside and active. Outside of school Torin likes to play basketball both in person and online in his video games but most importantly he likes to be around his friends. Torin is a very social person and his friends would describe him as being very friendly and outgoing. He can fit in well with almost anyone. 

Torin likes all of his classes this year, but Mr. Kline’s military history is his favorite. He has always been interested in the military and history so it just makes sense that he likes the class. He also likes the environment that is Mr. Kline’s room because he is always cracking jokes. Because of this love of history Torin wants to go to college and pursue a career in education to become a high school history teacher. He would also like to attend BCTC next year for automotive technology because of his love for cars. 

When asked what people would want to know about him Torin states, “ I want people to know I’m very friendly so do not be afraid to come talk to me. I am passionate about a lot of things so it is never hard to start a conversation.” He also wants everyone to know “I know there is a lot of talk in high school because that is just how high school is but everyone has dumb things embarrassing so we shouldn’t judge people or put them down because of those things. I am trying to say is do not judge people based on what they once were, just look at people for who they are today and the things that they do currently and acknowledge the progress that they’ve made.”