Staff Spotlight: Mrs. Benvenuto

Mrs. Brittany Benvenuto has taught in the Hamburg school district for her entire educational career. She began teaching with a student teaching placement with Mr. Zimmerman while finishing her last semester at Bloomsburg. However, she did not begin at Bloomsburg University but instead at Lehigh Carbon Community College because her high school Tamaqua gave her two years of free tuition there. She transferred to Bloomsburg then as she liked the campus and the rural area. During her years at Bloomsburg, Mrs. Benvenuto was in their history club and president during her senior year of college. She chose to teach history because of the interest she found in it as a child after watching Braveheart and The Patriot at a young age. 

Her inspirations come from her family and her students. Growing as a person with her students is one of Mrs. Benvenuto’s aspirations as a teacher. She believes that she can learn from them as much as they can learn from her. Hamburg offers a great group of students, teachers, and administrators. She believes that the support she receives from the administration is amazing and she is lucky to have that. In 1989 her father graduated from Hamburg after being a participant in football, track, and baseball. Because of this, she has always felt a connection to Hamburg and believes it to be a second home. 

Most students know her as Ms. Stauffer but over the summer she got married becoming Mrs. Benvenuto. Her husband and she have been renovating their house and have made it to the final step, their basement, this takes up most of her time outside of school. Trixie, their five-year-old terrier mix, travels to the closest states with them as another one of Mrs. Benvenuto’s hobbies is traveling. Vermont was her favorite so far, she enjoyed the dog-friendly environment, including the stores and restaurants. The goal is to visit as many of the 50 states as possible with her husband, Mr. Benvenuto.