What is your favorite holiday?

1989 Album review

1989 Album review

Pop star Taylor Swift has recently re-released her version of her fifth studio album, 1989. 

In 2014, Taylor Swift released 1989. Around 2020, her manager Scooter Braun owned all of the rights to her first six albums. Taylor ended up having to buy her music back from him so that she could own it. This is when Taylor Swift started something called, “Taylor’s version.” Once she owned her stolen album, she would re-record the whole album and title it “Taylor’s version.”

On October 27, Taylor released her version of 1989. The album contains all the same songs as the original album just re-recorded almost ten years later. Taylor added five additional tracks that she calls “vault tracks.” Vault tracks are songs that almost made the original album. Swift re-records them and releases them as bonus tracks. The vault tracks are titled, Say Don’t Go, Now That We Don’t Talk, Suburban Legends, and Is It Over Now? 

Freshman, Chase Brodhead went through a rollercoaster of emotions when the album was announced. “My reaction to the announcement was just shock. My friends and I were on Facetime while we watched a live stream of her concert.” Taylor Swift announced 1989 while she was on tour. “The fans live stream the show when they are there so everyone can tune in for surprise songs.” While on tour, Taylor does two totally different songs each concert that she calls surprise songs, and all the fans look forward to it. “Once Taylor came on stage during the 1989 era with a teal outfit, I knew that 1989 Taylor’s version was on its way.” 

This album is truly one of the most iconic because it includes the songs, Shake it off, Style, and Blank Space. Freshman Hailee Riggeal was just as excited for this album. “My favorite songs off the album are Say Don’t Go, New Romantics, and I Wish You Would.” Overall, the iconic album is still rising to the top of the charts ten years later as well as going viral all over social media. 

1989 has met everyone’s expectations and the Swifties are so excited for more albums to come.