What is your favorite holiday?

Students share excitement for this school year

It is school season and while most students dread the return of early mornings and homework assignments, some students are seeing the positive side and looking forward to some factors. Students are excited for many things this school year.

With a majority of 17 out of the 76 replies, most students shared that they were most excited to see their friends. Lily Bentz, junior, said, “School is a place that my friends and I are almost always guaranteed to see each other. It’s just a lot simpler than planning around busy summer schedules.” With sports and jobs, summers are a busy time for students that prevents them from hanging out with their friends over the break. Conflicting schedules and overlapping plans are often a struggle when trying to see friends. Location is also an issue. Some students said they lived too far from their friends to visit or did not have transportation with their guardians also busy.

The second most popular answer claims 15 out of 76 students were most excited for sports and sporting events. While some were more excited to watch sporting events, most were excited for their own season to start. Alexander Devlin, freshman, replied stating he took pride in his wrestling. Confidence and pride in sports can help benefit the team and give an example of the attitude athletes should bring to their sport. Kameron Dreibelbis, sophomore, commented, “I like sports, whether it is playing them or watching them.” Showing how students can enjoy the best of both worlds.

14 out of the 76 said they were most excited for school dances. Lilly Gibson, freshman, said, “I think school dances are a fun way to hangout with your friends and just let loose for a couple hours.” Lilly is speaking from experience and using her prior knowledge of school dances to expect high school dances to be no different. On the other hand, Molly Fox, freshman, is excited to see how different high school dances can be, “I have heard that the school dances are so fun, and I am excited to experience one.” Both opinions are important, while some may be familiar with school dances and excited to relive them, some are excited to experience their first.

Finally, 12 out of the 76 replies stated that students were excited for other school events. Riley Mohn, sophomore, says, “I am helping out in the crew and participating in clubs and concerts this year.” This shows how exciting it can be to be a part of and contribute to the events themselves. Some students are more excited to experience the events however. Hailey Quinn, junior, stated, “The musical is always a wonderful performance and the drama kids work very hard to put the show together.” Showing how students can appreciate the amazing experiences planned for them.

Some students said they were most excited for lunches, graduation, classes, and other activities. The diversity in the results shows how students’ opinions on school vary. All of the amazing events put together by the school allow students to enjoy things they are interested in, there are different experiences to satisfy everyone.