What is your favorite holiday?

Students discuss summer plans

As high school students, summer is a time where students can relax, have fun, and make the most of a break before heading back to school in the fall. With the long days and warm weather, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the summer and make lasting memories. One option for summer plans is to take advantage of the freedom to explore new hobbies and interests. Whether it is learning a new sport, taking up a musical instrument, or trying out a new craft, summer is the perfect time to delve into something that has always been of interest. Developing new skills can lead to discovering a passion that was unknown. Junior Ashley Moyer also does similar things, “I go on several vacations with my family. Although I love staying at home, I think I love going out with my friends and family more.”

If looking to make the most of the summer in a more structured way, consider signing up for a summer program or camp. There are numerous options available, from academic programs, outdoor adventures, to volunteer opportunities. These programs can help in gaining new experiences, making new friends, and even earning college credit. For those who are more academically minded, the summer is a great time to get ahead on coursework or prepare for standardized tests. Taking a few classes or studying for the SAT or ACT can help in staying sharp for the upcoming school year and providing an advantage in the college admissions process.       

Biology Teacher, Mrs. Sinopoli shares her summer plans, “I mainly do three things over the summer. One is taking care of and hanging out with my children, second is taking my children to my parents’ campground in southern Jersey, and finally spending time at the dance studio. Over the summer I mainly teach technique classes and private lessons.”

Of course, summer is also a time to relax and have fun. Whether spending time with friends, going to the beach, or traveling to new places, make sure to take some time to unwind and recharge. It is important to balance work and play, so remember to schedule in some downtime to enjoy the summer to its fullest. 

Overall, there are endless possibilities for summer plans as a high school student. Whether choosing to explore new interests, participate in a program, study, or simply relax, make sure to make the most of the break and create memories that will last a lifetime.