New Year’s parties

The New Year is something that many adults and students look forward to. Many people host or attend New Year’s parties with their friends and family. Celebrating New Year’s is not new to people. The earliest record celebration of New Year’s dates back 2,000 years in Mesopotamia. It was celebrated with a festival that included food, drinks, and dancing, much like today’s versions, according to Brittannica.

One student, Kaitlyn Gallagher of 9th grade, celebrates at her mom’s small business in Bernville every year. This has been a tradition for many years now. Their party starts off with the family and close friends but then once it hits closer to 12, everyone is there. It is a fun time full of music and laughter, especially from Kaitlyn’s end. Her brother Ben and she mess around, laughing at everyone else. Every year since they have started these parties, her mother has taken a photo of her every year. The most iconic one of her is when she was asleep and dressed in party gear. 

Another student, Sheila Kern of 9th grade, has a very special New Year’s Eve. Her birthday is on December 31. Almost every year, her family and friends combine the two holidays into a big party. She normally has a slumber party with her friends who celebrate her birthday first and then New Year’s once the clock strikes 12. One drink that her friends and she enjoy is sparkling water and orange juice mixed together. It is one of the moments they look the most forward to every year. 

Whether a student parties with their friends or family, they always have a good time. A new year can start a new chapter in someone’s life. All they have to do is work hard and live their life to the fullest.