Student Spotlight: Hailey Quinn

Sara Fitzgerald – 12 

Hailey Quinn, a current junior, comments that her mom is her biggest inspiration. “She is always there for me, and her love and hard work have shown me the importance of staying determined.” For college, Hailey plans to go to Susquehanna University. Susquehanna offers a good atmosphere and Hailey wants a smaller-sized college. She is unsure of her major but is strongly interested in history and science. Those subjects are interesting and fun for her. 

Some activities Hailey enjoys are playing the flute, reading, and playing with her red lab named Simba. Hailey takes private flute lessons and participates in Hamburg’s concert band, playing the flute since 5th grade. For musical inspiration, she enjoys the Beatles and their musical experimentation.  She enjoys band because it allows her to make music with other people who enjoy playing instruments. 

Hailey loves reading because it lets her get lost in the story she is reading.” My favorite genres of books include romance and mystery but I don’t have a favorite author.” She organizes by the books she has read at school, then the romantic comedy section, and then the mystery shelf. 

In order to work towards her future, Hailey is a current member of AP History, AP Language and Composition, and AP Biology. She is also a helper to Mrs. Farina, as she likes helping the teacher organize and set up labs.