Students showcase their gallery

Michael Clancey

With the world being taken by storm with new mediums and interests in art, it is growing harder for up and coming artists to make a name for themselves. It is hard to create something nobody has ever seen before, whether it be a new cartoon or a new exciting and serial gallery. When there is so much of the same thing in the world these students do not realistically have many chances to be put in a gallery again. That is why the GoggleWorks are showcasing Mrs. Dommels’ ( HAHS’s art teacher) students and their art for all who wish to see. 

“The GoggleWorks art showcase is a county wide art showcase where school districts at the secondary level are eligible to create a display in the gallery and compete for a selection of prizes and awards.” Mrs. Dommel also stated that there would be many different art categories that students may enter their work for such as drawing, painting, and even clay. 

“Each year the show is juried by a selection of artists and prizes are awarded to the selected students across the districts in the county. We have been fortunate to participate in the showcase for many years now and students have received recognition and awards. It is through GoggleWorks and BCIU.”

While this may be the only time these students get their art put in a gallery it might not be their best piece. One of the numerous artists, Emalee Burkholder, stated  “It is not my best piece. I do not like the shading and you can see the strokes. I wish I could put in a different piece but it is too late.”  Much like Emalee Burkholder said, they will not all be pieces the students are proud of.

Even though the art the students produce are not the best in their eyes. Their art can always improve if the student gives it the effort. The piece can inspire a young artist to execute their vision. Art is growing more and more in this age and as mediums are used in unique ways more unique pieces will be placed at the GoggleWorks.