Students define themselves as introvert or extrovert

LeeAnn Mills, Hawk Happenings Assistant Editor

Every individual is different. Some people love hanging in crowds, while others prefer the company of a silent room. Society typically classes people into two groups, introverts, and extroverts. Only some people fit into the two groups, so another group called ambiverts was created. Commonly, society ignores the ambivert class and sticks to the two antagonistic groups. 

In a survey posted to all high school students at HAHS, students were asked to classify themselves as introverts or extroverts. Out of 62 responses, 40 students said they felt they were more of an introvert while 22 said they were more extroverted. 

Common reasons why people thought they were introverted relied heavily on their dislike for social interactions. Many people said that big crowds and social anxiety had a lot to do with their inward personalities. Others mentioned that they like talking to their friends and engaging in conversations with others, but doing so makes them tired, and they need to be alone to recharge. 

On the other hand, the extroverted students at HAHS displayed a fondness for social interaction and conversation. Students who classified themselves as extroverts said they love talking to people and do so often, as well as saying they loved talking to people. 

It seems that here at Hamburg we have more introverts than extroverts in our student population.