Card activity – Mrs. Herman

Carlee Stitzel

Mrs. Herman and co-teacher Mrs. Argot thought of this idea at the end of November and beginning of December. They also plan to keep this going for many years to come. 

The card activity is to be able to have freshmen look back on the beginning of the school year with a sense of appreciation for the teachers and staff members who have helped them make the transition from 8th to 9th grade. The goal of the activity was to have the students pinpoint the reasons why our staff members have had a positive impact on them and write reasons in a well-written note to be given to that teacher. 

Mrs. Herman provided the steps on how they made this card activity happen. First was to make a plan, second was to collect donations for cards from faculty and staff. Third was to organize the cards into categories with the help of some 10th grade students. Fourth was to make a Google slide presentation to help the students through steps of an appreciation note to a staff member. Fifth was to have students make a rough draft of what they were writing to make sure everything was how they wanted it and spelled right. Sixth was to have students make a final copy on the card of their choice. Finally Mrs. Argot and Mrs. Herman delivered all the cards.

All the kids enjoyed writing the card to the teacher of their choice. I think students will have fun with this in years to come. Students who did it loved the idea and liked reflecting back on the year.