Student Spotlight: Genevieve Arena

Isabella Forte

Genevieve Arena is a sophomore at Hamburg Area High School. Gen, as her friends call her, is very well known for her great academics and calm personality. Two of the things that Gen is also involved in are HEP, and jewelry making club. In her freetime Gen can be found walking around town with friends, hanging out with others, doing homework, or binge watching movies. 

Freshman Emma Moylan shares, “I really like Gen. She’s funny and nice to hang out with. She is one of my really good friends.” While sophomore Madison Redding also shares, “Yeah, Gen and I became close friends this year. I enjoy speaking to her and having her as a friend.” She also adds, “We first met in gym and bonded over hating soccer and just stood there. We also got ready together for the winter dance and had a lot of fun.”

Genevieve is also involved in HEP, an advanced learning group that Gen has been in since 2nd grade. She said she preferred HEP in elementary school because it was more fun and hands-on, then in middle school it was just a free period and she quoted, “It was super boring.” Then, now in high school she says, “Every so often we have to do these projects. It’s more fun than doing nothing, but I wish there were more group activities involving STEM. It doesn’t feel much like an actual class that I can participate in.”