Why school emailing is important

Why school emailing is important

Chloee Stitzel

Hamburg Area School District gives each student a laptop and an email address because it is the primary form of communication. Communication is very important, email is one of the main ways that teachers, students, and faculty communicate. Students can also help other students over email.

Digital Citizenship is important because it helps students know the right way to do things online such as emailing, typing a story, doing a slideshow, and more. Email also helps with organization. Students can make folders and have their emails go directly in that folder for that class. Students can also email themselves things so they are reminded to do something late in the day, week, or whenever.

For schools, emailing is very important. There are many ways to communicate to teachers outside of school, email is one of the very best ways. According to learnsafe.com, “Email is also a great way for students to communicate with each other. If they have questions about assignments, they can email their peers for a quick answer. They can also help each other with projects.”

Carlee Stitzel, student at HAHS, states, “Students are able to communicate with teachers when they are at home and they have questions so they are able to finish for school tomorrow.”

Mrs. McCarthy, teacher at HAHS, states, “It is our main method of communication with students and faculty, especially if we have a snow day. Students are given a computer with email already set up.”