The difference between freshman and seniors study habits.

Morgan Lutz

Many would think that seniors and freshmen will have very different study habits. Seniors have been working in the high school for four years longer than freshmen so they would probably have different and improved study habits, right? From the perspective of several different students, this thought is wrong. 

There is a vast variety of classes offered at HAHS as far as topics and level of study. Each class a student takes will influence their study time and the way they study. For example the way a student studies for a standard English test will be very different from the way they study for a calculus exam.

Many students study for around 30 minutes or until they are confident in the material. Morgan Riegel, freshman, states that she takes 1-4 hours a night to study, while Kevin McFarland, senior, says that he likes to dedicate at least 30 minutes a night to studying, although this changes depending on the tests/quizzes that he has coming up. 

Regardless of the class, class level, or grade, students study in a very similar manner. Many said that they used flashcards to study, specifically a website called Quizlet that allows them to create flashcards and study them in a multitude of different ways. Another popular method of studying is to just simply look over notes and going over any unknown information.

There is no secret to studying and getting the perfect grade. You just have to find what works best for you and run with it!