HAHS routines return to normal

Grace Cromyak

School has begun once again! Some might be happy, some are not. Everyone has a different perspective of school. New schedules also mean new changes. HASD has had some changes this year that need some discussion.

First and foremost, we have more time getting to school since the doors open now at 7:15 A.M. and close at 7:30 A.M.. We have a more extended time rather than having the doors opening at 7:25 A.M. and closing at 7:30 A.M., to avoid crowded congregations in hallways at the school in the morning. Also, due to the congested traffic last year, there are now more crossing guards and police directing the cars. There are still some of the same issues from last year, but it will most likely get fixed. When students arrive at school, all of us students have to go into the auditorium or to the cafeteria if purchasing breakfast until the 7:25 bell rings and we are then dismissed to go to homeroom.  

Another change, one that I dislike, is not having backpacks to go from class to class. Having backpacks in classes was very convenient for a lot of students. We had the advantage of having all of our supplies just carried in one bag, but now since Covid is starting to slowly go away, adjustment to using lockers this year is something that the administration and the local safety officer wants us to do. A lot of us students were familiar with using lockers in middle school since Covid was not really around then, and now trying to use lockers this year is sort of a problem because students are forgetting how to open a locker, or how to turn the knob to enter the combination.

One last change. If others have been in the hallways frequently, there is a new installment in the hallways. New fountain systems! Set the water bottle on the little table and hold the button. It is very useful and reliable for others. 

For more information about our school, go to www.hasdhawks.org .