Student Spotlight – Kris Shobe 

Kris Shobe, a sophomore at Hamburg Area High School, plays football and is involved in many things with the football team. His favorite subject is American cultures, “because I find it the most interesting and I am the best at it.” On the other hand, his least favorite classes are English and German because he does not like the work. This is due to “the work can be very boring and difficult and with all my other classes it’s stressful.” 

While being an exceptional student, he is currently involved in football. He has played football since first grade and has played for 10 years, he plays guard and nose guard for the team. He started playing football because he was bored and wanted to be more active and involved in the school’s sports. Some of his favorite memories happened in the locker room,  He currently is not involved in any extracurricular activities because of his busy schedule with weight room and school work. 

Kris is involved in many activities but still has time for his own personal hobbies, such as riding dirt bikes and four wheelers and playing Xbox games. His favorite games to play are Skyrim and Fallout. 

Kris is very sociable, which is why Nate Erb and he became best friends in middle school and have been friends since. They became good friends because of his great personality and just being a good person.