Mrs. Del Conte joins HAHS

Hannah Kristiniak

Mrs. Del Conte, who recently joined HAHS on November 14 as the career education specialist, has really enjoyed these past few weeks! She says it has been a “great experience coming to work,” and if it is already this great after one month, then it can only get better. Mrs. Del Conte feels that HAHS is definitely the right place and environment for students and staff to thrive.

Mrs. Del Conte went to Kutztown University for public administration and political science. She worked at Penn State Schuylkill for over 15 years in various roles, but spent most of her time there in community engagement, which focused on programming for high school students, adult trainings, entrepreneurism, and community outreach. Mrs. Del Conte has worked with students in grades one through college and is very helpful when working with students because she understands career selection and knowledge of different careers. She also has experience with career and technical schools like BCTC.

Mrs. Del Conte has spent most of her career in higher education, but has worked with various levels of education and has a lot to offer in leading students in the direction of the right career for them and providing the necessary resources to make such a big decision which is their career. Her knowledge and experience are the things that led her to want a position like this. She wants to bring her talents and skills to help students be successful and find the career that suits them best.

Mrs. Del Conte is very involved with her family and is what she focuses on most outside of school. She is the President of the Assumption B.V.M Home and School Association and is heavily involved in her local little league. Her family does a lot of outdoor activities like swimming in the summer and ATV trail riding.

If there are any students who would like to talk to Mrs. Del Conte about BCTC, career, or PFE please stop by her office in the library or email her at [email protected].