Teacher’s Spotlight Mrs. Teresa Keck

Mrs. Keck is one of the Computer and Career Awareness teachers and also is a Business teacher at HAHS. She went to college for business education at Bloomsburg University and got her bachelors and masters from Wilkes University. She originally went for accounting and then realized the aspect of education and teaching students,so she went into business education.

It was not hard adjusting to Hamburg because she had come from a small town. 

She has been at Hamburg Area High School for 18 years. Her favorite part about teaching is when students enjoy the content she is teaching as much as she enjoys teaching. 

Her least favorite part is the discipline problems with students. She does not have any other job than the one she has now. 

She enjoys teaching a lot. She feels a special connection with her students and getting to know them gives her a stronger connection throughout the year. She loves seeing kids enjoy the class and the electives she teaches. When kids like excel words on office 365 she feels like they have something in common. 

Fun facts about Mrs. Keck, she is married and has three sons who she loves spending time with. She currently lives in Schuylkill County. She does not have another job; she only works at Hamburg Area High School. 

Future plans she has so far and to teach at Hamburg until retirement. She wanted to teach at Hamburg because it is a great community, has good administration, and a really good school district. She likes the small town feel.