Student Spotlight – Isha Kaur

Deja Wagner-Wakefield and

Isha Kaur, a junior at Hamburg Area High School, is involved in cheer, choir, and many other musical ensembles. Her favorite subjects are American Cultures, English, German, and choir, “because I enjoy these courses and the teachers are amazing.” On the other hand, her least favorite class is precalculus because she does not like the work. 

While being an exceptional student, she is currently involved in cheer. She started because her friends convinced her to. She has done cheer since eighth grade but took last winter off. She took last winter off due to not having permission from her parents. She is involved in many extracurricular activities such as, musical, aerial boundaries, Tri-M, choir, drama club, German club, BIONIC, GSA club, and TV studio. 

Isha is involved in many activities but still has time for her own personal hobbies, such as drawing, singing, and dancing. These hobbies keep her busy while she is not cheering or getting ready for a big show. 

Since Isha is in choir, she is looking forward to the High Notes Festival this year. High Notes is a choral and band performance and after you get constructive criticism. Then after the performance the participants get to go to Hershey Park. She is also looking forward to cheer competitions to come, which are “tough to get ready for but pay off in the end”.

Isha is a very sociable person and makes friends easily, with qualities as such she met Arianna Barata. They met at cheer in eighth grade and have been friends ever since. Isha stands out from the rest because of her ability to be herself all the time and her kindness.